Beaconsfield (03) 9707 0555
Cranbourne (03) 5995 2700
Pakenham (03) 5940 4555
Warragul (03) 5622 1793
Christmas party FBT checklist for business
(1) An exemption for food and drink provided to employees (not associates) on a working day (only if actual basis is used).
(2) Must be less than $300 (also only if actual basis for valuing benefit used).
(3) Exemption for employee (not associate) if travel is single trip from or to workplace.
(4) Are property fringe benefits, and must value using actual basis.
(5) A meal entertainment benefit. Businesses may elect to apply 50/50 split or 12 week register to value.
(6) Some “entertainment” can be covered under income tax provisions, however deduction can be denied unless provided as fringe benefit
DISCLAIMER:All information provided in this publication is of a general nature only and is not personal financial or investment advice. It does not take into account your particular objectives and circumstances. No person should act on the basis of this information without first obtaining and following the advice of a suitably qualified professional advisor. To the fullest extent permitted by law, no person involved in producing, distributing or providing the information in this publication (including Taxpayers Australia Incorporated, each of its directors, councilors, employees and contractors and the editors or authors of the information) will be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by any person through the use of or access to this information. The Copyright is owned exclusively by Taxpayers Australia Inc (ABN 96 075 950 284).